Code of Conduct for MoreYoga Teacher Training
We create a warm and welcoming atmosphere in our 200 hour diploma course. We do everything to ensure our students enjoy the course and find it useful and informative.
In order to maintain high standards and ensure that we keep our good reputation, it is important that you reach a certain minimum standard with your teaching practice.
Whenever we feel this is not the case, we will talk to you personally and try to put things right. The assessments are on a continuous basis and you will receive feedback on your progress. Students who do not meet the minimum requirements will be asked to improve on the areas of weakness, and demonstrate that they have done this, before being issued a certificate.
Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical and professional behaviour by which all Yoga Alliance Professionals Registered Yoga Teachers agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga. You will be expected to sign a copy of this before you commence your yoga teaching training with MoreYoga.
As a registrant of the MoreYoga Teacher Training, you will agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following code of conduct:
- To ensure safe and effective teaching is available to the public.
- To provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers.
- To maintain and uphold the traditions of Hatha Yoga, to teach yoga from the experience of these traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, without discrimination of any type, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions.
- Uphold the integrity of the yoga vocation by conducting yourself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of your skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to your yoga teaching and business.
While on the course, you will support your colleagues and not engage in gossip or put others down in any way. Any personal information that is shared by participants on the course, will remain confidential and will not be shared with others. The course aims to offer a safe space for all participants and this is something students will be expected to respect and help cultivate.
You will agree to comply with the conditions and requirements as set out in the course curriculum, and accept that failure to do so will disqualify me from any accreditation. Furthermore you will vow to uphold the standards of the teaching that have been given, and to maintain and promote the good name of yoga at all times. You accept that failure to do so may lead to the annulment of any accreditation obtained from the MoreYoga Teacher Training